As a small business owner, you have heard all the hype. You know you need to have a presence online in order to survive in today’s technology driven business world. Yet, online marketing is a mystery to many small business owners. And, even more intimidating is local marketing.
As confusing as it may be, many small business owners, just like you, are often lead to believe that they can conduct their local marketing SEO the same way as the national brands. What works for the national brands will not work for your local small business trying to beat out the local competition.
It is hard for any business owner to understand the difference between right and wrong in relation to local SEO marketing, as the majority of information available is unclear and inconsistent. Let’s look at some of the myths behind successful SEO for local business.
- Link building is dead – This myth can be found everywhere today, and primarily stems from Google’s attempt to stop unnatural links. Matt Cutts made a recent comment that people trying to build SEO should stop guest posting. However, there is nothing wrong with posting valuable content in the form of guest posts. In fact, there are specific directories that every business should be in and is safe in Google’s eyes.
- Business List claiming will boost your SEO – It has been thought by many local businesses, that if they claim their business listings online, it will boost their SEO. Yes, it is beneficial to claim your business, but it is not the sole reason for boosting SEO. There are many other factors that are involved in SEO marketing.
- Social Media does not help with SEO – Social media or social search is the rave today. Businesses that have embraced social media are experiencing enhanced SEO marketing. Social media creates natural backlinks when users on sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, share your site and information with others. The key is to post consistently, post value driven content and stay active in conversations.
- Keyword Loaded Domain Names – It’s best to keep your domain name focused on your company name or brand name. Adding keywords to your domain name does not typically provide any SEO support, not anymore anyway. It is the other SEO marketing activities that will promote you and help in achieving higher search rankings.
- Mobile is the same as Desktop – Mobile searching is key for local SEO marketing. The majority of searches completed on a mobile device, are performed for local services and products. Making sure that your website is ideal for mobile devices can impact your rankings. If you have not considered a mobile platform for your business, you should.
- Content is not relevant – It was once thought that link building was the only way to build successful SEO, however, with the changes in Google’s algorithms, writing compelling content is becoming the preferred method in SEO marketing. As discussed above, link building is still relevant, however, investing in value-driven content for webpages, blog posts and more, will bring more quality links and leads to you and your website.
- Local Pages are not needed – At the very least you definitely need to have your city and state listed on your website to be included in local searches. Title tags, on-page citations and links should all clearly state where you are located. However, if you really want to boost your local SEO searches, create a separate local landing page for each niche of your business. These local landing pages will place you higher in local searches.
- All I need is basic SEO to rank at the top of Google Local – You should know your local competition. If your industry is saturated with businesses such as yours, you may find it difficult to rank near the top of local searches, though not impossible. You will need to invest a great deal in multiple SEO approaches, consistently, to promote your business to new customers and increase your local search ranking.
- Photos and/or Video are not important – Multimedia can be beneficial in increasing your local search ranking. Images and videos often show in Google searches as blended displays, therefore, these multimedia pieces can provide additional opportunities to get your business found. If you feel that there is no way to implement photos or videos into your business marketing, think again. Use your imagination – videos of processes, photos of company events or other local events related to your service or product, all make great marketing pieces.
- Microsite and other domains I own will help my SEO – there is no real value in spreading your SEO thin. Search engines today are smart enough to know who a domain name is registered to and setting up multiple domains and sites does not build your primary domain, but dilutes it. Furthermore, many businesses have been penalized by Google for having microsites that have duplicate content. Concentrate on building your primary website!
There are many SEO marketing strategies, some that were once considered mainstream. It’s difficult for a business owner to keep up with constantly evolving SEO strategies and practices. However, knowing which are the myths and which are not can help you to make more effective decisions with your SEO marketing campaigns.
Whether you hire a professional to help you with your SEO marketing or you do it yourself, you should understand that SEO is about the overall experience for the user or searcher. Take that into consideration, and you’ll generate more leads and sales online.
To join our list, Please Fill Out The Form Below:
Easier said than done...
One of the buzzwords we hear in the web design Industry is SEO Optimization. More and more website owners and developers are sensitive to reaching the Top Level Page Ranking with their websites.
In this article, I just want to identify all of the Back-End Work involved, beyond Keyword Rich site design, that may need to happen in order to give you that heavenly spot in Google Rankings.
And yes, I can assist you here but please let’s not kid ourselves.
Unless you are willing to spend a few extra dollars on other items that easily enhance your rankings like Videos, Live Conferencing and Advertising, yes you may make your rankings happen but NOT without following some or even most of the back-end rules first.
The list that follows is provided to give you insight as to what’s needed and wanted in order to make your site reach that coveted First Page Rank and please know ahead of time that it doesn’t happen overnight.
SPECIAL OFFER – FREE REPORT – WEBSITE AUDITOR
We are able to provide you a full report, free of charge. There are 2 ways for you to obtain this report by email from us:
1) Send us an email request to do so to: email@example.com and make sure you include your:
2) Alternatively, if you prefer to simply fill out your request form below again making sure you provide your Domain Name in the Message area:
Here’s an extensive list of the back-end work required and what this work accomplishes.
Social Stats spy tool:
From this tool you can get the detailed analysis data about major social networks sharing details for the particular domain.
Watch website visitor in real time. Easier than google analytics. We can see how visitors move inside your site and from which country they are.
Keyword Research Tool:
Finding keywords that are related to your target keywords is important to rank for a huge number of keywords. Used to generate a long Tail keywords easily.
Rewrite different articles and make them unique to use it on your own site. Remember, Google loves unique content. And you can get unlimited unique content from this tool.
Article Spinner Pro:
Spinning is a search engine optimization (SEO) method by which search engine optimizers post a unique version of relevant content on article directories, web 2.0 sites, or other sources for backlinks like social medias…
This tool is used to separate the comma, spaces, new lines from the paragraph.
Remove Duplicate Lines:
Remove duplicate lines from a content. Paste lines into the field or Load a file and press remove duplicate lines. You can save as the Results in txt file.
Article Density Analyzer:
You want to make sure that your website has enough content to not get penalized with a thin content penalty. The higher the word count, the better
Change Text Case:
Convert Text between Sentence case, upper case, lower case, capitalized case & alternating case.
Check if you have a unique article or not. This will help you avoid a duplicate content penalty.
Text To Speech Converter:
Enter the Text above and press ” Play button” Then, press “Download the Audio button” to download that text to Speech converted MP3 format file.
Keyword Density Checker:
Keyword density is the number of times a keyword or a phrase has been used on a particular page or website. It is one of the ways search engines determine where your website should rank for a particular keyword.
Keyword Position Checker:
This is how you check where you are ranking for your target keyword without having to manually go through the whole thing. This lets you see all the keywords you are ranking for at a glance.
Meta Tags Analyzer:
Want to make sure that your meta tags are perfect and will help you rank higher? Use the Meta Tags Analyzer to know for sure that they are perfect.
Meta Tag Generator:
Google still checks the meta tags on every site. Make sure you have your keywords and LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords in your meta tags with the help of the Meta Tags Generator to research your competitor website.
Bored of manually creating backlinks to your website. The Backlink Maker will handle that for you. Set it and forget it.
The backlink analyzer allows you to know if the backlinks that you created to your site are live or not. This is pretty important because if the backlinks are not live, they won’t make a difference SEO wise. From this tool we can able to check our competitor backlinks
Total Link Counter:
Analyzing each and every link is important to know how important and effective it is for your websites SEO. The more effective a link is, the better your chances are of ranking higher in search engines.
Link Status Checker:
To check the URL Indexed & Live status.
XML Sitemap Generator:
The XML sitemap is like a map that allows the search engine’s spiders to navigate through your site. If it isn’t configured correctly, the spiders might not be able to visit a particular section of your site, or they might get completely blocked.
This is the file that lets search engines know how to crawl your website. The Robots.txt Generator helps you make sure that you do not accidentally block all search engines and also show them the right way to crawl your website.
Online Ping Website Tool:
Pinging lets the search engines know that your website has been updated. This gives the spiders a signal to crawl your site faster and know what has been updated. Pretty important when it comes to SEO.
Search Engine Spider Simulator:
A search engine spider is a program that visits your website and reads your pages to create entries and index your website. This tool allows you to simulate that spider/program to see how it navigates your website. The smoother and faster it is, the better.
Google Cache Checker:
Google cache is a snapshot of a page that is stored by Google as a backup. The latest that snapshot is, the better. This tool lets you check which version of your website is saved on Google’s servers.
There are websites that get banned or blacklisted on the internet. This tool checks your website in the blacklist against 100 DNS based email blacklists. It is better if it is not blacklisted.
Broken Links Finder:
A broken link is a link that is no longer working. If a link stays broken for a long time, it loses its value and becomes obsolete in the SEO world. Check if your website has any broken links with this tool.
MozRank is a link popularity score. The more higher quality pages link to you, the higher will be your MozRank.
DMoz Listing Checker:
DMoz is one of the most famous and important directories on the internet and in the SEO world. This tool lets you check if you are listed or not.
Domain Authority Checker:
Domain Authority is a score from 0-100 that is developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines. The higher the number, the better the chances of ranking and the higher its authority will be.
Page Speed Checker:
Check how fast a page/website loads. Google loves super-fast websites.
Page Size Checker:
If your page fits all devices, you will definitely be favored by search engines. But how do you know that your page size is the right fit for a device? This is how you check.
Page Authority Checker:
Page Authority is a score from 0-100 developed by Moz that predicts how well a specific page will rank on search engines.
Page speed Insights Checker:
Page Speed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile devices and desktop devices. The Page Speed Score ranges from 0 to 100 points. A higher score is better and a score of 85 or above indicates that the page is performing well.
Google Malware Checker:
You never want someone else to control your website, or let your users get compromised. The Google Malware checker makes sure that never happens. If your website is malware-ridden, it won’t rank highly in search engines.
Mobile Friendly Test tool:
From this tool you can check the website mobile responsiveness. When a website is responsive, the layout and/or content responds based on the size of screen they are presented on. A responsive website automatically changes to fit the device you’re reading it on.
Alexa Rank Checker:
Alexa rank is a metric that lets you know how well your website is doing compared to other websites over the past three months. The higher the rank, the better your website is doing to compared to other sites.
The WhoIs checker lets you know who registered a particular domain and their contact details. Pretty important for guest posting.
Domain into IP:
Let’s you convert your domain into an IP address. Pretty important to know where you should be getting links from.
Reverse IP Domain Checker:
This checks the server and searches for other websites that are hosted or known to be hosted on the same server. Pretty important when it comes to SEO and if you are using shared hosting. You want to know who your website is being hosted with.
Article Rewriter Pro:
Rewrite different articles and make them unique to use it on your own site. Remember, Google loves unique content. And you can get unlimited unique content from this tool.
AdSense Sandbox Spy Tool:
AdSense Sandbox spy Tool will display Google ads per country for any keyword(s) or webpage.
This tool is used to estimate your google AdSense earnings based on page impressions, page CTR and cost per …
Link Price Calculator:
Want to know what a single link should cost? This tool lets you calculate that.
This SSL Checker will assist you diagnose problems together with your SSL certificate installation. You could verify the SSL certificates to your internet server to make sure it is effectively installed, legitimate, depended on and doesn’t provide any errors to any of your users. To check enter the URL below,
Open Graph Generator:
With the Open Graph generator you can easily generate the FB card meta tags for your website. The Open Graph protocol permits any web page to emerge as a rich item in a social graph. for example, this is used on Facebook to allow any internet page to have the same functionality as any other item on Facebook.
Open Graph Inspector:
This tool will help to find whether the competitor website having open graph meta tags or not.
Twitter Card Generator:
With the twitter card generator you can easily generate the twitter card meta tags for your website. Drive more traffic to your website when it’s shared on Twitter by attaching photos, videos and media to your Tweets.
QR Code Generator:
QR (Quick Response) from this tool you can easily generate the QR code by enter the Text above and press “Generate button“
Network Speed Tester:
To Check your network Speed Easily.
Code to Text Ratio Checker:
Code to Text ratio is the percentage of actual text in a webpage. The higher the text, the better it is when it comes to SEO.
Get Source Code of Webpage:
Like a website? Use this tool to get its source code.
Reverse Image Search:
Upload it an image or website URL and it will tell you where the image appears on the web.
WordPress Theme Detector:
Did you ever wonder what WordPress theme or plugins is that awesome site using? WordPress Theme Detector is the perfect online tool to find out what your competitors are using.
Bulk Domain Availability Checker:
From this tool you can able to check whether the domain name is available in the market or not. (you can try up to 20 domain names in one time)
Domain Hosting Checker:
Where a website is hosted is as important as getting a higher quality backlink. Check where that website is hosted to make sure that you are getting a safe backlink.
Server Status Checker:
Having a high server uptime is imperative to ranking on page 1. If your server keeps going offline, Google deems your website as unreliable and won’t rank you higher.
Email privacy is dealing with issues such as unauthorized access to your emails. The more secure it is, the better. You do not want someone else writing on your behalf without you knowing about it.
Find DNS Records:
DNS records are mapping files that tell the DNS server which IP address each domain is associated with. Pretty nifty to know if a website is around bad SEO neighborhood or not.
Check GZIP compression:
Gzip is a method of compressing files (making them smaller) for faster network transfers. Compression allows your web server to provide smaller file sizes which load faster for your website users.
Moz Backlink Extractor:
Use these tools to spy on your competitors backlinks and get a useful insights into their link building activities. You can Extract all the backlinks that are used in the particular domain.
Website Links Count Checker:
With more outbound links, the quality of the website will go down. Check how many links are there on your website and the website from which you are getting backlinks from.
Bulk Facebook ID Finder:
This tool helps you easily find your Facebook numeric personal ID for Facebook. For integration of certain Facebook social plugins, like the “Like” button and “Like box”, and others, Facebook requires that you know your Facebook numeric user ID. Unfortunately, they make this very difficult to find, If you can’t find your Facebook ID, or don’t know what it is and need it, just enter your full Facebook profile URL and get your Facebook ID.
Compressor is used to compress HTML code by removing unwanted white spaces, line breaks, tabs and other extra objects. Results in highly compressed HTML.
Minifier in computer programming languages and particularly CSS, is the process of removing all unnecessary characters from source code without changing its functionality.
Bring Your Site To Life
Brett’s Circle was designed and created with one single goal in mind. To help YOU make money online. Taking action and committing to earning my living online changed my life and it could change yours. If you’re serious about building a real online business click below to get started right now!